Your vehicle–it is your freedom to go places. It takes you to where you want to play, to shop, to visit friends. It takes you to work, hauls the kids around. If it is a truck it hauls stuff, climbs mountains, takes you hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, pulls your trailer. Whether it is your dream vehicle or basic transportation, you depend on it. So why would you not do the maintenance that keeps it humming along?
We at Patriot Automotive strongly believe that regular maintenance of your vehicle is important to its future driveability. We see too many cars brought in that have not had regular maintenance and the owner is now facing costly repair bills. We will keep records of your maintenance visits and send you e-mail reminders of when your next maintenance is due. As always, whenever you bring your vehicle to us we will thoroughly inspect it.
When most people think of routine maintenance on a vehicle, what comes to mind is a regular oil and filter change. While that is an important item, there is so much more to maintaining a vehicle. Please click on the NAPA SERVICE ASSISTANT app for a great explanation of your vehicle’s maintenance needs. There you can also get an estimate of what each item will cost. Then come see us, you’ll be glad you did.
The best way to prevent long-term and costly problems with your vehicle is to keep up with its preventative maintenance schedule. One major key to successfully making sure you are doing all you need to do is to read your vehicle’s owner’s manual. Regardless of your vehicle’s make or model, its owner’s manual will contain a maintenance schedule. Every make and model is different, and standby beliefs such as “You have to change your oil every 3,000 miles,” may not apply to your car.
The maintenance schedule within your owner’s manual is provided by the people who understand your vehicle the best—the company that built it. The manufacturer provides suggestions for how often you need to change your oil, filters, driving belts, timing belts and more.
While some preventative maintenance—such as topping off fluids—can be performed by the vehicle’s owner, other, more complicated procedures should be done by experts like the team at Patriot Automotive, LLC. Our team can keep your vehicle in top shape by performing the following maintenance:
- Inspecting and replacing timing belts (preventing damage to other accessories)
- Inspecting and replacing serpentine belts (preventing damage to other accessories)
- Checking and changing oil
- Checking, repairing and replacing battery connection components
- Checking and replacing batteries
- Checking and replacing cabin air filters: This can keep your car comfortable during the hot summer months.
- Checking and replacing your engine air filter, You may need to replace your engine air filter more frequently if you drive in stop-and-go traffic or have a long commute.
- Checking and replacing spark plugs
- Tire rotation: This helps ensure even wear on your tires, which can help prevent blowouts and leaking. It also helps make your ride smoother.
- Tire balancing: Balancing your tires prevents wear, which can significantly improve their life and save you money.
- Wheel alignment
By following your vehicle’s owner’s manual and having your vehicle inspected and maintained regularly, you can greatly reduce problems and save money in the long run. Let the expert team at Patriot Automotive, LLC help your vehicle stay in good condition.
*Were you aware that auto dealers cannot refuse to honor your warranty just because the routine maintenance was done elsewhere? Read about it here.
Have you ever gotten to speak directly to the mechanic at a dealership when the service writer tells you something your vehicle needs? That’s the advantage of independent shops!